Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My 2010

I can't compete with James Reasoner when it comes to profilicity: he wrote over 6000 pages of fiction last year. That amounts to over 16 books.

I published three books last year. One of them was a self-publication, one of them was only compiled by me and I didn't even get the credit for it, and the third one was an anthology edited by me. But I've got four books coming out next Spring: a collection of articles on the discussion over copyright, a reference book on historical novelists, collections of old outdoor stories and vampire stories. That's not bad, huh?

I'm also rapidly working on a new sleaze novel, since the first one, Lausteen himokämppä/The Lust Cabin of Lauste was so popular. It has actually been one of the most talked about books I've ever done, which might put some of my more serious work to shame. The next one will be called Mynämäen motellin munamällit, which is pretty hard to translate to English. (If you're a native speaker of English, don't try to pronounce the title. You might get hurt.)

My three books last year:

Lausteen himokämppä.

Kari Suomalainen: Tarkastaja Wilson ja muita dekkareita.

Sherlock Holmes Suomessa.

That's not bad for one year, but I'm not really sure why some of my books were so much delayed. I'll have to get a grip and start really working. (Especially as I should get the architectural guide to the city of Turku finished by March. What am I thinking?) (I'm not sure if I've mentioned the project here earlier, but it's actually bogging me down a bit and I'm having terrible dreams relating to it. Last night I had to replace the solo guitarist of Mötley Crüe.)

1 comment:

Todd Mason said...

Well, at least it wasn't for an actually good band.

That is a pretty impressive CV for a guy who thinks he's slacking.